2021 Covid-19 Info
As per the Chief Medical Officer of Health's special measures order for the St. John’s metro area which came into effect Thursday, February 11, 2021, at 12:01 a.m, retail stores that do not provide services essential to life, health or personal safety of individuals and animals are closed to in-person service, but can offer online/telephone sales with delivery or curbside pick-up options. Please click here for more info.
Below is a list of essential services remaining open, and a list of non-essential services which are offering curbside pick-up or delivery.
We are updating this page frequently so check back for more additions.
Essential services remaining open:
- Lawtons - 9am-5pm Monday to Friday, 9am-6pm Saturday, 12pm-6pm Sunday
- Avalon Dental Center - open for emergencies only
- In Sight Vision Center - contactless pickup Tuesday to Saturday, 9am-2pm. Open virtually through email () for any patient needs. All in person appointments and visits at the clinic are halted under Public Health mandate until further notice.
- Scotiabank - 9:30am-4:00pm Monday to Friday
- CIBC - open 9:30am to 5:00pm
- Pearle Vision - open Monday to Saturday 9:00am-6:00pm. No in store services - contactless front door service only.
- Telus - 9:30am-9:30pm
- Rogers - 9:30am-9:30pm
- Bell store - 10am-6pm
- Eastlink - 11am-7pm
- Jump Plus - 10am-6pm for appointments / walk-in service
- Koodo - 9:30am-9:30pm
- Virgin Mobile - 10am-6pm
- Mobile Klinik - 11am-7pm
- Wireless Wave - 10:30am-6:30pm
- Showcase - 11am-7pm Monday to Saturday, 12pm-5pm Sunday
- Dollarama - 8am-9pm Monday to Saturday, and 10am-6pm Sunday
- Cineplex - Skip the Dishes from 4pm-8pm Monday to Saturday.
- Dairy Queen - 11am-7pm Monday to Saturday.
- Flavours Indian Cuisine - 11am-7pm
- Mr. Souvlaki - Monday to Friday, 10am-8pm, Saturday 3pm-8pm, Sunday 3pm-7pm
- Mucho Burrito - Monday to Saturday 12pm-730pm, Sunday 12pm-6pm
- New York Fries - 12pm-5pm Monday to Saturday
- Rice Bowl - 12pm-7pm Monday to Saturday, 12pm-5pm Sunday
- Second Cup - Take out, mobile order, and Skip the Dishes. Monday to Saturday, 8:00am-4:00pm and Sunday, 10:00am-4:00pm
- Starbucks - Grab and Go, Mobile Order Pick Up and also curbside pick up from 8:00am-4:30pm daily. For curbside pickup, place a mobile order and then call the store at 739-3929 and a barista will bring the order out to a marked curbside pickup spot in front of Winners/Homesense.
- Thai Express - 11am-8:30pm Monday to Saturday, 1pm-7pm Sunday
- Golden Phoenix - take out only. Open daily from 11am-9pm. Call 579-0785 to place a take out order.
Non-essential services offering curbside pickup or delivery:
Please contact the specific store to place your order and for instructions on how to pick up or receive your order.
Signs for curbside pickup spots are outside major entrances (blue signs at Scotiabank entrance, green signs at the entrance next to Winners, red signs at The Intermission (food court) entrance)
- American Eagle - curbside pickup from 12pm-6pm.
- Banana Republic - contactless pickup from Monday to Saturday 10am-6pm and Sunday 12pm-5pm. Call 709-800-9133 or email BRFS4202@hotmail.com to place an order and go to the store entrance to pick it up.
- Bogarts - phone in 709-753-0210 and online orders for curbside pickup from 8am to 5pm.
- Charm Diamonds - curbside pickup from 10:30am-4:00pm. Call 726-8454.
- Crescent Jewellers - curbside pickup from 10am-3pm. Call 722-5810 or email email@example.com
- Davannas - call 709-570-2399 to place a curbside pickup order.
- EB Games - curbside available Mon-Sat 10am-6pm and Sun 12-5. Visit www.ebgames.ca and place the items in your shopping cart. At Checkout, select "Collect in Store" and complete your purchase.
- Eclipse - call (709) 722-8721 to order. Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Returns and exchanges are not available through curbside pickup.
- Gap - curbside pickup from 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.
- Glamour Secrets - curbside pickup and website for online shopping. Call 726-GLAM (4526). Monday to Wednesday 2pm-6pm, Thursday and Friday 4pm-7pm, Saturday and Sunday 12pm-5pm.
- GNC - curbside pickup 10am-6pm
- lululemon - BOPAD which is buy online, pick up at the door or curbside. Pickup hours will be 12-4pm daily; see the store's Facebook page for more info.
- Lush - curbside pickup from Monday to Saturday, 11:00am-7:00pm, and Sunday, 12:00pm-5:00pm. Order through their Buy Online, Pick Up In Store feature at lush.ca. Click here for more info.
- Melanie Lyne - curbside pickup on Tuesdays and Fridays from 9am to 4:30pm. Call the store 709-739-3607 to place an order.
- Peoples Jewellers - curbside pickup from 11am-7pm
- Quilts Etc. - curbside Mon-Sat 10am-6pm only. Call store ar 739-8187 to order and purchase.
- Roots - curbside pickup from Tuesday to Saturday, 10:00am-5:00pm. Curbside orders can be placed by calling 1-800-208-0521 or through roots.com/pickup
- Sephora - order online through Sephora's ROPIS system (Reorder Online Pickup In Store.) from 11am-7pm.
- Softmoc - offering curbside pick up at the store gate from Monday - Friday: 9:00am - 4:00pm. Call the store (753-7638) 15 mins before picking up and staff will give instructions.
- That Pro Look - order online or by telephone for curbside. Monday to Saturday, 12pm-5pm.
- X Store - curbside pickup on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 3pm to 7pm. Place orders by phone (579-5039), on Facebook, or on Instagram.
The health and safety of our visitors and staff is our top priority.
We have implemented a number of practices to keep you safe:
- Increased frequency of cleaning and attention to high touch points such as elevator buttons, escalator handrails, entrance and exit door handles, washroom door handles and fixtures, etc.
- Signage to indicate designated entrances/exits, flow of traffic (please stay to the right), hand sanitizer stations, queuing spots etc.
- Reduced and/or rearranged seating to allow for physical distancing.
- In washrooms, every second urinal and sink will be marked with signage advising against use, to preserve physical distancing and "Last serviced" signage will indicate the time of day of the most recent cleaning.
- Avalon Mall employees will wear non-medical grade face masks while at work, and will be required to stay home if they exhibit new or worsening of symptoms that are not associated with allergies or chronic or pre-existing conditions.
- All employees will receive COVID-19 OH&S training, and key site personnel will receive COVID-19 advanced cleaning training.
- In areas such as hallways, where 6 feet of distance cannot be achieved, and where we cannot implement one-way flow of traffic, signage will identify this limitation, and, where possible, we will have personnel on-site to manage traffic flow.
- As per government guidelines, stores set a maximum number of customers and staff allowed in a store at one time.
While visiting the centre, we ask that you stay to the right when walking in corridors, and follow signage relating to physical distancing. If you are experiencing respiratory illness symptoms (cough, fever, runny nose), please do not enter Avalon Mall.
Also, please be advised of the following:
- Traffic through The Intermission (food court) will be one-way: starting near Subway and coming out past Tim Horton's (towards Davanna's jewellery store).
- Wheelchair rentals are available at our Guest Services desk and will be properly sanitized between loans.
- Stroller rentals are not available at this time.
- The interactive digital maps at our entraces are not available.
- The underground parkade and the parking garage (on O'Leary Avenue) are currently closed.
- Certain stores are offering curbside pickup so signs for curbside pickup spots are outside major entrances (blue signs at Scotiabank entrance, green signs at the entrance next to Winners, red signs at The Intermission (food court) entrance).
- A limit of two people at a time are permitted on elevators, unless passengers are from the same bubble.
- On escalators, please leave 3 steps between you and others, and do not pass.